$$$WE BUY VINTAGE FISHING TACKLE$$$
RODS: CANE WOOD TRULINES
REELS: FLY & BIG GAME PRE 1945
LURES: WOOD BONE IVORY BAKELITE

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Captain Mike Pritchard joins the Intrepid


Mike's bio:
Growing up in Ventura in the late 80's, I spent all of my free time fishing. I was fortunate to start my sport-fishing career (at the young age of 9) with some of the best, such as the Cavanaugh brothers and Shawn Steward, of whom I have been fortunate enough to have crewed with. Throughout my school years, I worked summers and weekends on two of the premier charter boats in the area, the Mirage and the Pacific Eagle (the Mings family speaks for itself). In 1996 I moved to San Diego. I went to work for one of the industries' best, Ray Sobiek (if not the hardest captain to work for) on the Producer. During this time I acquired my captain's license by the age of 20 and was taught to fish San Diego and Northern Baja Sobiek style (110%). Looking for a new challenge, I went to work with Pat Cavanaugh and the crew of the Excel in 1998. As I quickly moved up in the ranks, I took on the role of engineer within my first year. Bill Poole's motto was (YOU CAN'T RUN THE BOAT UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!) By 2001 I had earned the right to start running the boat alongside Shawn Steward. After several years on the Excel, I was offered the opportunity to run my own operation. So in early 2003 I left the Excel, and began 5 very successful years aboard the International Star, an ultra limited load 1 to 6 day charter boat. With private staterooms, big catches, and an exemplary crew, customer service and satisfaction were the main priority. Until recently, the year of 2009 was spent as Captain of the charter boat, Coral Sea. Our winters were spent fishing Oxnard and summers in San Diego. Thoughts of buying this clean charter boat was thwarted by our shaky economy and when the chance to run the newest top of the line long ranger presented itself... I had to jump aboard. My wife, Melody and son Alex have spent their share of time on the water as well as taking part in the business from time to time. My hobbies include hunting, snow boarding, golf, surfing, diving, and of course fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment