$$$WE BUY VINTAGE FISHING TACKLE$$$
RODS: CANE WOOD TRULINES
REELS: FLY & BIG GAME PRE 1945
LURES: WOOD BONE IVORY BAKELITE

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Loreto w/ Lee 6/19


I'd love to tell you all that it is a typical year for great fly fishing down here but that would be a lie. The fishing is there but there is not a sardina to be bought, borrowed or stolen. Most are going the conventional gear route and but I'm stubborn and am sticking to the fly rod. I think we left the harbor after an hour of netting with a dozen sardinas in the tank.

First stop was the waters off the old pier by the old El Presidente holtel for some roosterfish............none were around.

Then we headed over to the rock in front of the El Camino Real, no body home there either.

From there we headed to the northern end of Isla Danzante where I got some hits but all were misses. We did see two dorado swim by but they spooked and went deep when the lone sardina hit the water.

Next stop was Punta Baja but the wind was up now and I could hardley stand in the boat because of the swell. I got some more hits but nothing stuck to the hook. What was going on?????????????

Back to Danzante then a run over to Puerto Escandido. I fished a spot I always catch a pargo at and got nothing but while drifting there, I cast to a lone dorado and landed him. He's tonight's dinner guest. We left there and fished the rocks facing east at Puerto Escondido and I got a really noce cabrilla, dinner quest two. I got a bunch more carbrill and a hog fish tossed in.

Looks like yellowtail are the fish of choice right now. I'll see what tomorrow brings..............

No comments:

Post a Comment